I specialise in abstract and semi-representational paintings of the landscapes, flora and fauna of Western Australia. Recent work includes the landscapes of Shark Bay and the gorges of the Pilbara region, coelacanths, ammonites and local birdlife. A passion for the Australian landscape drives my work, as I set out to capture its essence, with colours and textures, appropriate form and line.
Another passion is to visit worldwide contemporary galleries and museums, including those in New York, Washington, Chicago, and England, including The Royal Academy of Arts and Saatchi in London.
- Winner, Mixed Media, Awards of Excellence exhibition, Alfred Cove Art Society 2014
- 2017 Finalist in the Mid West Art Awards, Geraldton, WA
I trained at the Claremont School of Art, Perth, for four years and have sold work to collectors throughout WA, Tasmania, Sydney and overseas, including locally via the Atwell Gallery, Perth; Mandjar Art Awards at Mandurah; the Cossack Art Awards, Karratha; the Perth Royal Show, amongst others.
My art has been exhibited and sold at:
- Mid West Art Prize exhibition, Geraldton, Western Australia, 2017
- "waRAW exhibition", Moores Building, Fremantle (collaborative exhibition) 2015
- Silk Road, Ardross 2013 (solo exhibition)
- Mandjar Art Awards 2012-2017
- Wanneroo Art Awards 2011-2016
- Melville Art Awards 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Darlington Arts Festival 2012, 2014
- "Excellence Awards" exhibition, Alfred Cove Art Society, Atwell Gallery (Winner of the Mixed Media Award 2014) 2012-2017
- Cossack Art Awards 2011-2017
- Perth Royal Show Art Awards 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- “Change of Seasons” exhibition, Alfred Cove Art Society, Atwell Gallery 2012, 2013
- Mosman “Between the River and the Sea” Art Awards 2011 & 2012
- Gosnells Art Awards 2016
- Beverley Art Awards 2016, 2017
- Canning Art Awards 2016
- Rotary Art Exhibition, Garden City, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016